I've been working as a teacher of English and German for more than 15 years already. Linguistics is my life-long passion, I can speak and read lots of languages. My native languages are Ukrainian and Russian.
Member for 3 years, 9 months
9 profile views
Last seen Mar 9 '18 at 17:21
- Russian Language 24.4k 24.4k 4949 silver badges9393 bronze badges
- Linguistics 11.9k 11.9k 2727 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Ukrainian Language 5.5k 5.5k 1313 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- History 636 636 22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 501 501 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 70 What does the phrase "Да нет" mean?
- 58 Why does italic 'т' look like 'm'
- 50 Is there any language that uses different pronouns for "we" depending on whether the spoken to person is included in the group?
- 46 Why did quill pens persist until the early 19th century despite the capacity to make metal dip pens?
- 44 Why does English not have a cognate of words like heter, in Swedish, or llama, in Spanish, etc?
- 43 Why do Russians call some women a dynamo (динамо)?
- 40 Is there any evidence to support the claim that English grammar is unusually straightforward?
- View more network posts →