I've been working as a teacher of English and German for more than 15 years already. Linguistics is my life-long passion, I can speak and read lots of languages. My native languages are Ukrainian and Russian.
Member for 3 years, 4 months
7 profile views
Last seen Mar 9 '18 at 17:21
- Russian Language 23.3k 23.3k 4949 silver badges8989 bronze badges
- Linguistics 10k 10k 2525 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Ukrainian Language 5.5k 5.5k 1313 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- History 636 636 11 silver badge1010 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 501 501 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 69 What does the phrase "Да нет" mean?
- 57 Why does italic 'т' look like 'm'
- 49 Is there any language that uses different pronouns for "we" depending on whether the spoken to person is included in the group?
- 46 Why did quill pens persist until the early 19th century despite the capacity to make metal dip pens?
- 44 Why does English not have a cognate of words like heter, in Swedish, or llama, in Spanish, etc?
- 41 Why do Russians call some women a dynamo (динамо)?
- 39 What would influence an alien race to map their planet in a way other than the traditional map of the Earth
- View more network posts →